Re: Extract docstrings from my functions

From: Johan Ekh
Subject: Re: Extract docstrings from my functions
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:17:00 +0100

Thanks!

But I still wonder how everyone is doing it today? E.g. how are the docstrings in the functions distributed with octave
used to create info and pdf documentation?

Best regards,
Johan

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:58 AM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 28 Dec 2012, at 01:14, Johan Ekh wrote:

> Hi all,
> How can I extract my texinfo docstrings from all my functions and create a pdf manual?
> I've never used texinfo before, so please be gentle.
>
> Best regards,
> Johan

Some time ago I started working on a package which is meant to do this:

http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/11522/tree/trunk/octave-forge/extra/generate_latex/

it is not finished yet, so producing a working LaTeX document might still require some manual
adjustments, but I think it mitght serve as a good starting point.

Notice that texinfo can produce TeX output but not proper LaTeX, so what I did was to include
the docstrings as text inside a \verbatim environment and manage the indexing separately.

HTH,
c.