Re: Extract docstrings from my functions

From: c.
Subject: Re: Extract docstrings from my functions
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 05:58:03 +0100

On 28 Dec 2012, at 01:14, Johan Ekh wrote:

> Hi all,
> How can I extract my texinfo docstrings from all my functions and create a
> pdf manual?
> I've never used texinfo before, so please be gentle.
>
> Best regards,
> Johan

Some time ago I started working on a package which is meant to do this:

http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/11522/tree/trunk/octave-forge/extra/generate_latex/

it is not finished yet, so producing a working LaTeX document might still
require some manual
adjustments, but I think it mitght serve as a good starting point.

Notice that texinfo can produce TeX output but not proper LaTeX, so what I did
was to include
the docstrings as text inside a \verbatim environment and manage the indexing
separately.

HTH,
c.