Re: Trouble installing control toolbox

From: Michael Noone
Subject: Re: Trouble installing control toolbox
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:06:49 -0800

Hi - installing xterm and x-server (and start menu shortscuts for x-server) has fixed my issue. I run x-server, then x-term, and all is well!

Thanks for the help everybody!

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM, marco atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/14/2012 8:54 PM, Michael Noone wrote:
Hi Ben - this is what happens when I try that. Any ideas?

warning: X11 DISPLAY environment variable not set
pkg octave:1> pkg load control
octave:2> A = tf(1,[1 2 3])

Transfer function 'A' from input 'u1' to output ...

             1
  y1:  -------------
       s^2 + 2 s + 3

Continuous-time model.
octave:3> graphics_toolkit gnuplot
octave:4> setenv GNUTERM windows
octave:5> bode(A)
Unknown or ambiguous terminal name 'windows'

gnuplot> set terminal windows enhanced title "Figure 1"
                       ^
          line 0: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set
terminal' for a list

as mentioned you need the XWIN server running and execute octave from
inside a Xterm to enable the graphics.

Regards
Marco