Customizing legends

From: JaWiB
Subject: Customizing legends
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:09:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

New octave user here. I wanted to plot two sets of curves on the same axes,
where one set of curves is solid lines and one set of curves is dashed
lines. Since there are about ten curves in each set, I don't want an entry
for every curve in the legend, just one entry for the solid lines and one
entry for the dashed lines. For the life of me, I cannot find a way to do
this using octave. Any thoughts?

Thanks!