Re: Local Extrema

From: c.
Subject: Re: Local Extrema
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:25:26 +0100

On 10 Dec 2012, at 18:08, StandardOctaveUser wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if there is an Octave function for
> finding local maxima and minima, by that I mean
> the exact functionality in the link below;
>
> http://blogs.mathworks.com/pick/2008/05/09/finding-local-extrema/

The function "extrema" from the matlab file exchange will work in Octave
exactly as in Matlab.
Unfortunately, even though the author has released this file with a free
licence, according to the
terms of use of the matlab file exchange website you are not allowed to use it
in Octave.
The solution is to ask the author to send you a copy of that file directly or
to post it on another website.

see for example this very recent thread for more info:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/strcells-functionality-in-Octave-tp4647648.html

c.