Re: any suggestions for reading in a XML file?

From: Yury T.
Subject: Re: any suggestions for reading in a XML file?
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 07:13:14 -0800 (PST)

A pair of weeks ago I was posting on a problem, which, as far as I can tell
from your description, is similar to yours -- how to organise something big
and not-yet-rigidly-structured (right?) into a Octave's data structure.

After much head-scratching I decided on using an 'array of structures' and
filling each element (of type 'structure') with possibly different
complement of fields (structure fields like in C), so that each element in
my use case represents a calculation 'point' or a experimental data point
with metadata. Also, I'm loading and saving the resulting 'big array' with
Octave's functions which allows me to expand it with no much trouble.

Access options in such a setup are, of course, quite modest, but at least I
do not foresee any conceptual deadlocks here. I shied away from the 'big
cell struct', not wanting to fall into some memory usage pitfall or
something of that nature.