Re: Benchmark

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Benchmark
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:10:23 +0100

On 12/5/2012 11:47 AM, Danilo Zanatta wrote:
Hi All,

I'm doing a new installation of octave (for the first time) under cygwin
on my laptop and I known that there are issues with optimized BLAS/ATLAS
versus general ones concerning speed.

http://matzeri.altervista.org/

feel free to test my Atlas 3.10.0 package source package
http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/atlas/

also openblas
http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/openblas/

I guess your CPU is different from mine
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520
so you will need to rebuild the binaries.
ATLAS will take long time, openBLAS is shorter.

For your Octave testing, I suggest to build versus reference LAPACK/BLAS
and just install the ATLAS / OPENBLAS dlls.

Is there any benchmark package or webpage or references laying around,
so I can check my system.

I tweaked those at:
http://www.sciviews.org/benchmark/index.html

BTW, I really miss the bench function in octave. Maybe someone should
implement it? (maybe even me, if I have time... ;-) )

reference ?

Cheers,
Danilo

Ciao