Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] mkoctfile not installed in Wheezy

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] mkoctfile not installed in Wheezy
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 17:58:33 +0100

* Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> [2012-12-01 14:50]:

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 30 November 2012 10:40, Dimitri Maziuk <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/30/2012 9:32 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

On 30 November 2012 09:16, JuanPi <address@hidden> wrote:

I am testing octave in Wheezy and after installing from the pkg manager mkoctfile is not in my system.

It's in the liboctave-dev package. Normally mkoctfile shouldn't be necessary unless you're doing, well, -dev things.

Is "pkg install" a "-dev" thing?

For Debian it is. Debian users should use "aptitude install octave-foo", not "pkg install foo". The Debian packagers work very hard to make sure the versions of the OF packages that they package work with the corresponding Octave version.

This discussion would be more appropriate in the mailing list of the Debian Octave Group. Please, move it there.

Rafael