Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:51:19 -0800 (PST)

--- On Mon, 11/19/12, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:

From: Judd Storrs <address@hidden>
To: "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Sergei Steshenko" <address@hidden>, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Date: Monday, November 19, 2012, 8:08 AM

Ug. That "bug" was a very nice feature for reading in text files. THANK YOU SO
VERY MUCH I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY WITH YOUR COMMIT BIT TYRANNY.

--judd

Judd,

thank you very much for expressing my very same feelings.

Looking at Octave development process and at thing committed (not in SW sense,
but in English language sense) by Jordi I'm getting stronger and stronger
feeling that probably Jordi is on Mathworks payroll to subvert Octave.

OTOH, I am trying to never forget
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor .

Regards,
  Sergei.

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

On 18 November 2012 15:19, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

>> "The fieldnames in a struct are subject to the same constraints that

>> variable names are" - no they are not:

There was a bug that allowed them to be set to anything with setfield

and getfield. I have already fixed this bug:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/126285fce876

- Jordi G. H.