Re: doc won't work

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: doc won't work
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:43:31 -0500

On Nov 15, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Robert Gragg wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2012, at 10:06 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 15, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Robert Gragg wrote:
>>
>>> I just installed octave with OSX and am *very* happy with it.
>>> However, though "help" works fine, "doc" produces things like this:
>>>
>>> octave-3.4.0:1> doc sin
>>> info: Cannot find node `Top'.
>>> info: Cannot find node `Top'.
>>>
>>> rather than anything useful.
>>>
>>> Any ides why?
>>
>> Where did you get your copy of Octave from?
>>
>> Ben
>
> Re where I got my copy of Octave:
> I read a blog that said, "Octave Forge now packages Octave.app (and
> Gnuplot.app) into drag-and-drop installers."
> Very easy.  I'm not using any package manager.
>
> Bob

Yes, it is easy, but doesn't work on MacOS 10.6 or higher without some
"tweaks".  Also the print() and doc() functions don't work.

        http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X#Installing_a_MacOS_X_Bundle

We presently don't have a reliable drag-n-drop installation that is fully
functional, but are working on one.

        http://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts

Using a package manager is recommended.

        http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X#Package_Managers