RE: Opening editor from Octave command line

From: Nilson
Subject: RE: Opening editor from Octave command line
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 04:34:26 -0800 (PST)

Finally I tried something I had not tried: I changed the Notepad + +. exe directory! I put it in the directory of the Octave. And 'voilá', 'presto': the command system ('C: \ \ Octave \ \ Notepad + + \ \ Notepad + +. Exe') worked fine!
After I edited the file with octaverc.m: EDITOR ('C: \ \ Octave \ \ Notepad + + \ \ Notepad + +. Exe') and the command >> edit teste.m obeyed submissively.
Well, what's the conclusion?

With Windows 7 64-bit does not install Notepad + +. Exe, or any other editor in a directory containing 'space' as, for example, 'C:\Octave\C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad + +. Exe' ! In Octave it does not work, it will return an error. And it seems that you need a double backslashes.

Well that was what I was thinking...

So I restored the computer to the state before installing Notepad++ in the directory of Octave.
And I deleted the Notepad++'s directory from the directory of Octave.
Finally, I changed the 'octaverc.m' file to "EDITOR ('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Notepad++\\ notepad++. Exe');" and, amazingly, when I typed 'teste.m' at the command line of Octave, he gave no more error message!!!
So, I did not understand what happened! But it is working now.

Thanks a lot for the help!!

Nilson