RE: Opening editor from Octave command line

From: nitnit
Subject: RE: Opening editor from Octave command line
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:38:05 -0800 (PST)

Nilson wrote
> Yeah, Nitzan, you're rigth, my windows 7 is a 64bit version and I'd
> changed the octaverc file like this:## Uncomment and change following line
> for your preferred editorEDITOR('C:\\Arquivos de Programas
> (x86)\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe');
> But it didn't work even so!

Can you check whether that your 'Arquivos de Programas (x86)' directory name
contains any non-english characters ?
Can you try and report the result of the following system command from your
octave prompt:

system(<your octaverc EDITOR string including the quotes>)

This should also opening your installed editor if it is reachable by the
specified command string. At least on my system (win7 x64), this command
works with any combination of slashes (single or double backslash or single
slash.