Color console - is this possible in near future?

From: Zbigniew Komarnicki
Subject: Color console - is this possible in near future?
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:00:12 +0100

Hi

Would it be possible that in the near future would
be available in the Octave console color?

I tried to do the test in the Octave console color
using ANSI escape codes but the console did not even
wrote out the text. Is this behavior is normal that
even the text was not printed on the console?
Is this a bug in the implementation? Please see
the screen shot: "color_test_octave.jpeg".

For a change, I did a test in Matlab and there
colored console is implemented. Please see
the screen shot: "color_test_matlab.jpeg".

Is the color in the near future console would be
available in Octave to be more close (compatible)
with Matlab?

Try this:
fprintf(1,'\033[31mThis is a test.\033[36m Here another color.
\033[37;41;1m Now is background color and white bold.\033[0m\n');

I'm using:
GNU Octave, version 3.6.2
Copyright (C) 2012 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".

Regards