Re: Internal Precision - Symbolic

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Internal Precision - Symbolic
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:11:25 -0400

On 13 October 2012 10:36, EduardoHenrique <address@hidden> wrote:
> I know that Octave is efficient with precision, but how can I change that in
> order to make this computational error and compare it to the real value?

No. Octave's precision is defined by your CPU's implementation of
double precision, i.e. it's defined by your hardware. It can't be
changed in software.

The vpa function from the symbolic package is very limited and nearly
useless. The symbolic package for example doesn't work with matrices.

I recommend you use another program. I know in Maxima you can set the
fprec variable to use variable-precision for floating point
arithmetic.

- Jordi G. H.