Re: Function shaperead for octave

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Function shaperead for octave
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:24:45 +0200

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 4 Oct 2012, at 11:20, Alain Foehn wrote:
>
>> Hey !
>> I would like to know if it is possible to find an equivalent to the
>> "shaperead" function of Matlab for Octave ?
>> This would be of great help, thanks !
>> Alain
>
> I am not aware of a function that goes by that name in either Octave or
> Octave Forge.
> What does "shaperead" do? It might be possible to achieve the same
> functionality with a differently named function.
> c.

Alain,

Check the recently updated octPROJ, if it is not there (with another
name) is unlikely we have it. This function is for the mapping toolbox
(which shuld and will be merged with octPROJ).
http://octave.sourceforge.net/octproj/index.html

If you have ideas how to implement the function please contact José
Luis (maintainer). He is looking for a programming buddy.

Cheers

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----