Re: Computation time for newcommer

From: Joza
Subject: Re: Computation time for newcommer
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:49:16 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the input! I know it is a terrible algorithm for computing pi -
it's just an exercise.

So I think I have learned two things:

1) Using vectors instead of for loops is faster, as it uses the vector math
optimizations of the processor?

2) In my assignment of x(i) = x(i+1), there exists 2 arrays in memory - 1
for x(i), and then this is copied to a new memory location and the i+1 term
is added. So if I initialize the array to n=zeroes, there will always just
exist 1 array in memory, and hence save space?

Am I right?!

Thanks again!