Re: struct weirdness

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: struct weirdness
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:15:18 -0400

On 23 August 2012 16:58, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> I find it difficult to think in terms of cell arrays. They are
> basically multidimensional cell arrays, which are already weird in
> themselves since indexing them with {} gives cs-lists, except the one
> dimension is indexed strings instead of positive integers.

I should proofread more...

I meant to say, struct arrays are basically multidimensional cell
arrays except one dimension is indexed by strings instead of by
positive integers. So if you have a struct array and you do s.foo,
this is somewhat analogous to doing c{5,:} in a cell. In fact, perhaps
it helps to think of s.foo as s{"foo",:}, since s.foo also gives you a
cs-list.

- Jordi G. H.