Re: memory exhaustive error

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: memory exhaustive error
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:28:18 +0200

Am 16.08.2012 07:11, schrieb tharaka weheragoda:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I found some valuable information in this link.But i dont know how to
> run thjis configure command because i can't found out any file called
> configure.Can you please help me to do it ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tharaka
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Compiling-Octave-with-64_002dbit-Indexing.html
>
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM, tharaka weheragoda
> <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     How can i upgrade into a latest version.is <http://version.is>
>     there a command?
>

>     On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Martin Helm <address@hidden
>     <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>         Am 16.08.2012 06:25, schrieb tharaka weheragoda:
>         > Hi martin,
>         > my octave version is 3.2.4. I have 6GB RAM. So how can i run
>         out of
>         > memory? Without upgrading isn't there any other solution ?
>         >
>         > Thanks & regards,
>         > Tharaka
>         >
>         Please keep the list on cc.
>
>         I am afraid you have to choose between updating octave and
>         rebuilding
>         your current version from source with enable-64bit , but
>         before you go
>         for one of that wait if other people on the list can give you
>         a better
>         advise.

Again please keep the list on cc.

No it is not just running a configure command and the rest solves itself
by black magic.
First of all you obviously have no sources but only a binary octave
install and second you also need to recompile a bunch of libraries which
are not part of octave to get full 64 bit indexing.
I just want to make you are aware that I do not need that, double arrays
with 16 GB max size are large enough for my needs, so I do not compile
myself with --enable-64.