Re: memory exhaustive error

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: memory exhaustive error
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:41:23 -0400

On 16 August 2012 00:20, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would expect the Ubuntu repositories to have a 64 bit version of Octave
> that you should be able to install via your software/package manager.

Your expectation is overly optimistic. In order to get a 64-bit
indexing version of Octave (not merely Octave that runs on a 64-bit
OS), you need to recompile all of the required Fortran libraries to
use 64-bit indices as well. I don't expect Debian or Ubuntu have the
inclination to maintain 64-bit-indexing versions of all of those
libraries.

- Jordi G. H.