Re: strange error inside loop in octave 3.6.1

From: lukshuntim
Subject: Re: strange error inside loop in octave 3.6.1
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:20:02 +0800

On 08/15/2012 08:45 PM, david moloney wrote:
> BTW the violation is not obvious from the download page which simply
> says the code is covered by the BSD license
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/22326-fixed-point-radix-4-fft/content/MLCentral/html/radix4_Script.html
>

> And the only comment suggests the code is itself violating a patent!

I don't know about the patent thing but it's not violation of the (BSD)
license per se but the terms of use of matlab central.

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/termsofuse.html

See 2.a.iii there.

It's a shame but that's the current fact of life. It would be a
different story if you, for example, obtain the code directly from the
author. There are authors who release the same code elsewhere so that it
can be used by non-matlab users.

Regards,
ST