Re: using JavaOctave for image processing

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: using JavaOctave for image processing
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:42:29 +0200

Am 12.08.2012 15:15, schrieb Martin Helm:
> Am 12.08.2012 05:28, schrieb Astie Darmayantie:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> i'd like to use the image processing toolbox in octave using
>> JavaOctave. The question is how can i pass the variables containing
>> the image file from octave? For i have to define the type of variable
>> before i can pass it to be read by java, what is the type of an image
>> in octave?
>>
>> Thankyou
>>
> Not that I know how and if JavaOctave still works, but it should be
> simple, an image in octave is just a matrix n*m for gray and n*m*3 for
> rgb, the type of matrix can of course differ (mostly simply double, but
> can also be uint8 or something else).

I did a quick and simple test with javaoctave0.6.1.jar and
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar to see if it still works, since no release
newer than 2010 was done (I used scala though not java) and I am pleased
to see that it seems still to work with octave 3.6.2.
Nice.
If you need more details, please provide some more details on what you
are doing exactly and will try to give you the missing pieces.