Re: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not c

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not check input for monotonicity"
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:22:07 +0100

On 10 August 2012 10:38, vivek dogra <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Aug 8, 2012, at 1:36 AM, vivek dogra <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal
>> <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Please answer at the bottom of each message.
>>>
>>> Look at this bug
>>> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=33857#attached
>>>
>>> You can see that people write a short message of the fix and then
>>> attach their patch to their message. Do the same. The patch should be
>>> created according to the instructions on the wiki.
>>>

>> Hello, it is in continuation with the bug in interp1. I am a newbie and
>> have a basic question to ask. To fix the above bug, should i change the .m
>> file or there is any source file behind it where i should make changes? As
>> of now i have just made the copy of the interp1.m file on my machine and
>> fixed the bug in that which is working fine.
>>
>> please let me know how should i go about it.
>>

>> Fixing the m-file is correct.
>
> Thank you, so i should just upload the corrected m-file on the bugs page?

No. Upload a changeset to the bug report. See the manual (
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset.html#Basics-of-Generating-a-Changeset
) for how to prepare a changeset. Ignore the part about submitting it
to the mailing list. The next version of the manual won't say that ;)

If you can't generate a changeset that's ok, upload the .m file but a
changeset is preferred as it makes things easier.

Carnë