Re: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not c

From: vivek dogra
Subject: Re: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not check input for monotonicity"
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:08:32 +0530

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Aug 8, 2012, at 1:36 AM, vivek dogra <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:25 AM, vivek dogra <address@hidden> wrote:
> Okay, i have made changes to the interp1 function to check for strictly
> monotonicity (which it was not doing earlier, although it is written in the
> documentation). So i have a patch for the bug#36732: interp1 does not check
> input for monotonicity.
>
> I would like to ask how can i submit the patch. I went through the link
> provided above
> http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mercurial_(hg)_cheat_sheet
> but i am not able to understand it properly.
> I would appreciate proper guidance. Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Vivek.
>

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 25, 2012, at 2:59 AM, vivek dogra wrote:

>> > The status of the work on bugs should be recorded on the bug tracker.
>> > It does not appear that any work has been done on this bug yet, so you are
>> > free to work on it.  Please enter a comment on the tracker to let others
>> > know you've begun working on it.  That will help avoid duplicate efforts.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Ben
>> >
>> > Should i just comment where the bug is reported (which i have already
>> > done). Or there is a procedure to assign the bug to me i.e. to update the
>> > status of the bug, so as to avoid duplicate efforts?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Vivek
>>
>> The comment is enough.
>>
>> Ben

Vivek,

Please answer at the bottom of each message.

Look at this bug
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=33857#attached

You can see that people write a short message of the fix and then
attach their patch to their message. Do the same. The patch should be
created according to the instructions on the wiki.

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----

Hello, it is in continuation with the bug in interp1. I am a newbie and have a basic question to ask. To fix the above bug, should i change the .m file or there is any source file behind it where i should make changes? As of now i have just made the copy of the interp1.m file on my machine and fixed the bug in that which is working fine.

please let me know how should i go about it.

Regards,
Vivek.

Fixing the m-file is correct.

Ben
Thank you, so i should just upload the corrected m-file on the bugs page?

With regards,
Vivek.