Re: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not c

From: vivek dogra
Subject: Re: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not check input for monotonicity"
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:55:20 +0530

Okay, i have made changes to the interp1 function to check for strictly monotonicity (which it was not doing earlier, although it is written in the documentation). So i have a patch for the bug#36732: interp1 does not check input for monotonicity.

I would like to ask how can i submit the patch. I went through the link provided above http://octave.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mercurial_(hg)_cheat_sheet
but i am not able to understand it properly.
I would appreciate proper guidance. Thank you.

Regards,
Vivek.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jul 25, 2012, at 2:59 AM, vivek dogra wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2012, at 4:27 AM, vivek dogra wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Recently Mr.Francesco Potortì reported a bug in the use of interp1.
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36732
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > This one should give an error:
> >
> > interp1([1:5 4:9], 1:11, 4)
> >
> > In fact, it gives out 4. The first argument is not checked.
> >
> > Also, the documentation should say "strictly monotonic" where it currently says "monotonic".
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > I contacted Mr. Potorti and as far as we know this bug hasn't been fixed. So I would like to offer myself to fix the same. Please let me know how should i go about it.
> >
> > With regards,
> > Vivek Dogra
>
> The status of the work on bugs should be recorded on the bug tracker.  It does not appear that any work has been done on this bug yet, so you are free to work on it.  Please enter a comment on the tracker to let others know you've begun working on it.  That will help avoid duplicate efforts.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
> Should i just comment where the bug is reported (which i have already done). Or there is a procedure to assign the bug to me i.e. to update the status of the bug, so as to avoid duplicate efforts?
>
> Regards,
> Vivek

The comment is enough.

Ben