Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not check

From: vivek dogra
Subject: Requesting to assign the task to fix "bug #36732: interp1 does not check input for monotonicity"
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:57:17 +0530

Hello,
Recently Mr.Francesco Potortì reported a bug in the use of interp1.
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36732

This one should give an error:

interp1([1:5 4:9], 1:11, 4)

In fact, it gives out 4. The first argument is not checked.

Also, the documentation should say "strictly monotonic" where it currently says "monotonic".

I contacted Mr. Potorti and as far as we know this bug hasn't been fixed. So I would like to offer myself to fix the same. Please let me know how should i go about it.

With regards,
Vivek Dogra