RE: warning: function /usr/share/octave/packages/statistics-1.1.3/fstat.

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: warning: function /usr/share/octave/packages/statistics-1.1.3/fstat.m shadows a core library function
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:02:33 +0000

Juan,

I'm responding to this post because I have a similar problem with
"dldsolver".  What does "just remove it" mean in this context?
To go into the package and edit it to remove that section of code?
What if other parts of the code are dependent on it?  And I'm
using a binary (Windows) distribution that has all the packages
preloaded, so if I change the code I would have to recompile the
whole thing, which would be a pain.  Is it possible to tell Octave
"clear fstat" and have it revert to the built-in one?

Regards,
Allen