[no subject]

From: Hormatzhan Yiltiz
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:44:53 +0800

Hi,
I am very thankful for you dedicating in answering questions about GNU Octave. Here is a little question I'd like to ask.
I am using Octave 3.2.4  configured for "i686-pc-linux-gnu" in 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS i386. I like Vim, and I added the following line to ~/.octaverc :

edit editor "gvim %s &"

It brings gvim as expected. Here are 2 questions:
1. But I'd like to use vim, so could it be possible to edit a file through vim in octave? Say you want to edit foo.m, and you edit it. After finished, you just quit vim to go back to octave for other work.

2. On the other hand, gvim brings another window. So I'd like to edit foo.m and after writing the file I just want to run it within octave WITHOUT actually quittting gvim. But for the moment, octave waits gvim to quit before accepting any further input. So is this because the mark & did not worked in the code? Please help me.

best,
Hormetjan Yiltiz    玉尔麦提江·伊里提孜
Department of Psychology, Peking University
010-86751406
He who is worthy to receive his days and nights is worthy to receive all else from you (and me).
                                                 The Prophet, Gibran Kahlil Gibran