Re: Loading and average PGM files

From: Mathieu
Subject: Re: Loading and average PGM files
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 00:01:05 -0700 (PDT)

I think I followed step by step your instructions. I got the source package
of graphicsmagick after having checked every line of the sources.list file
to have the same for the "deb" ones and the "deb-src" ones. Then, I built
the dependencies for graphicsmagick with the command "sudo apt-get build-dep
graphicsmagick ".

After I added the option "--with-quantum-depth=16" by editing rules file
which was in debian directory. Then I used the command "sudo dpkg
buildpackage" and "sudo dpgk -i lib*.deb" standing in the directories you
recommended.

After all these things, I used the PPA of Dr. Graef as my source package to
rebuild Octave 3.6.2 with its 3 dependencies (Faust, Gnumeric and Pure-Lang)
first. I installed them without skipping any step (editing
/etc/apt/sources.list, getting the GNU key...). Now, when I run octave in
the terminal, I can see that I'm using the version 3.6.2. I stand in the
right directory, where I have my PGM files and I run « imread('1.pgm') ».

I get the same error which is :

warning: your version of GraphicsMagick limits images to 8 bits per pixel
error: imread: invalid image file: Magick++ exception: Magick: Invalid
colormap index (index 65287 >= 256 colors,
/home/mja/Documents/test/Following/d/1.pgm) reported by
magick/colormap.c:239 (MagickConstrainColormapIndex)
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.6.2/m/image/imread.m at line 74, column 7

I don't get it... Thanks for your help,

Mathieu