Re: GSoC: Student blogs

From: richard
Subject: Re: GSoC: Student blogs
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:24:15 +0100

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 08:25:37PM -0600, Max Brister wrote:
> I just started a blog here:
>   http://jit-octave.blogspot.com/
>
> My first post details some of the initial work I have done.

Sounds interesting.
FWIW I use Octave occasionally to do some modelling.
Conventional tools are unhelpful, hence my model has
an outer loop that increments a variable ten times,
and that is applied in an inner loop of 100,000 steps.

Evaluate, adjust, run, wait (~ 2 minutes), repeat ...

While the wait is more an irritation than a limitiation,
anything you can do to to reduce the wait will be welcomed.

good luck with your project.

Richard A Lough