Re: Optimising the Keen-Minsky Model

From: richard
Subject: Re: Optimising the Keen-Minsky Model
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:40:01 +0100

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 06:28:05PM +0200, c. wrote:

> Here is a modified version of your code, I could get a ~ x2 speed up by
> refactoring and partial vectorization
> plus a further ~ x2 speedup by running in parallel with parcellfun (I only
> have 2 cores, if you have more that could be better for you).

I see a speed up of close to six times on four cores.
Your method of 'vectorisation' is of interest. I would like
to be able to standardise this as much as I can. My expectation is
that the method could be adapted to support improvements in the Model.
If you don't mind, a couple of questions ...
Some code in postprocess.m seems similar to the code in increment.m
My instincts push me toward asking postprocess.m to provide a matrix,
call it A(16,16), as part of the Result, and to then pass A to
increment.m
Is there something in pararrayfun or parcellfun I should worry about
before doing this?

TIA

Richard