Odd behavior in 3.6.1 on Osx 10.6

From: Steve Ratts
Subject: Odd behavior in 3.6.1 on Osx 10.6
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:28:53 -0700

Recently I installed the 3.6.1.bundle with Atlas via fink and it appears to work fine with my code, except for one odd behavior. My code has some timing outputs in it using tic/toc to measure how long things take, and also some general outputs to let the user know what step is happening. The normal output looks like this:

Elapsed load time: 0.631740 sec
Calling Kalman Filter function...
Elapsed run time: 69.280305 sec
Calling Kalman Smoother function...
Elapsed run time: 75.610492 sec

The odd part is that when it runs under 3.4.0 or 3.4.3 the output comes out as it's generated, but when it runs under 3.6.1 if waits until the entire function is doen and then spits it all out. When I run under 3.6.0 on my Windows 7 laptop it comes out as it's generated, too. It's only under 3.6.1. on my Mac when the output is delayed until the end of the function.

As it is, it appears to be working fine; but it would really be nice to be able to get the output as it's generated.

Any clues?