help

From: sw007
Subject: help
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:26:40 -0800 (PST)

Dear users,

I am new to Octave and am having trouble with "diary" function.  I could use
"diary on", but when I put in
diary my_script.diary
It returns error message:
error: sprintf: wrong type argument `cell'
error: called from:
>>>error:   diary at line 9, column 8
I have tried to put quotation marks and parentethis, but nothing works. The
same command works find when I tried it on matlab on a different computer.
Also, I am using Ubunbu, not sure if it is relevant.
On a related note, when I try to use "publish" command, I get similar
errors:
error: sprintf: wrong type argument `cell'
error: called from:
>>>error:   diary at line 9, column 8
error:   /usr/share/octave/packages/3.2/miscellaneous-1.0.11/publish.m at
line
301, column 3
error:   /usr/share/octave/packages/3.2/miscellaneous-1.0.11/publish.m at
line
273, column 19
error:   /usr/share/octave/packages/3.2/miscellaneous-1.0.11/publish.m at
line
139, column 5
I would appreciate it a lot if someone could point out what is wrong. Thanks
in advance.