edit error

From: tappel81
Subject: edit error
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 20:06:11 -0800 (PST)

Hello, I am fairly new to Octave. I have done some research through various threads and other searches to no avail. I have 2 Octave types on my machine 3.4.3 and an older 3.0.1. In the 3.0.1 I can execute the edit command to pop up the editor. I cannot however do this in the 3.4.3, I get an error stating "createprocess failed -- can't create child process" this comes from the call to the edit.m file at line 212, column 7. I want to uninstall one of the builds and only have one and I would like the newer, but, if I cannot work it right, I guess I will keep the older. can anyone help Travis