Re: Problems getting the Windows version of octave 3.6.0 to run ...

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Problems getting the Windows version of octave 3.6.0 to run ...
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 17:52:49 -0500

On 6 February 2012 17:09, Ulf Griesmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have installed the Windows build from
> http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win (including all the
> packages on which it depends) on Windows XP, 32 bit. When I try to
> start octave using an appropriately edited 'octave360.bat', an error
> message pops up: "This application failed to start because
> libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll was not found.[...]". Path is set correctly.

Tatsuro's binaries are meant to be used by developers to create other
binaries. You probably want these instead:

    http://www.mediafire.com/?ab9fxlmo9240luz
    http://www.mediafire.com/?b9hcp2zx2qo6irf

Note that 3.6.0 isn't quite official yet... some severe problems were
discovered with it, so we aren't recommending everyone to install it.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.