print sombrero in portrait - a hassle? (fltk)

From: Muhali
Subject: print sombrero in portrait - a hassle? (fltk)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:18:53 -0800 (PST)

I may be missing something, but I have never managed to get sombrero printed
in portrait in an easy way, using fltk. What I do is this:

octave> set(gcf, "paperposition", [2.5  0.25 6  8])
octave> set(gcf, "position", [818   162   380 560])
octave> sombrero
octave> print foo.png

Everything simpler results in a distorted figure. I am sure there are
simpler ways, aren't they?

M.