Repeating an action many times with different random conditions

From: joseph . wakeling
Subject: Repeating an action many times with different random conditions
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 11:47:05 -0500

Hello all,

I'm wondering if Octave has a function to repeat a given statement many times with different random (or non-random) cases, and output the results to an array.

Essentially what I'm looking for is something similar to the "replicate" function in R. Of course, it's possible to just use a for loop, but in my experience this is slow ... :-(

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Best wishes,

    -- Joe