Re: Add directory to default path

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: Add directory to default path
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:25:46 +0100

On 25 October 2011 15:58, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2011, at 7:25 AM, Martin Bretschneider wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use Octave 3.2.4 with Windows 7. I want to add a directory to the Octave
>> path variable.
>>
>> In a m-file I can use Octave addpath() but I want to set the path outside
>> each m-file. I already tried to add the directory with addpath() in
>> C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\site\m\startup\octaverc but it does
>> not seem to change the path.
>>
>> Can you please help me?
>>
>> TIA  and kind regards from Martin
>
> Once you've added the path in the octaverc file then you should see it in the
> output of the path command. Do you see it when you type "path"?
>
> Ben

make a file %homepath%\.octaverc

don't miss the dot before octaverc! (for me %homepath% expands to
"C:\Documents and Settings\andyb", on win7 it would be
"C:\users\andyb", I think)

win explorer won't let you create a filename starting with a dot. I
usually go to DOS after writing it and doing

move octaverc .octaverc

put a line in like printf("running .octaverc\n"). Then you know it has
found it when you start octave.

--
/* andy buckle */