Re: Questions on format options and axes tick scaling

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Questions on format options and axes tick scaling
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:40:33 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 19.10.2011, 17:09 +0200 schrieb Frank Gansert:

> Another thing that I want to set, regarding the Weibull distribution,
> is to get proper tickscaling along the axes for the common drawing
> ln(ln(1/(1-P_f))) with respect to ln(s).
>
> s meaning the stress at failure and P_f the probability for that
> failure stress.
>
> The scaling for x-Axis is fine but at the y-Axis I want to read the
> probability of failure in percent with the scaling as above being
> ln(ln(1/(1-P_f))) so that the CDF is linearized.

Can you send your plot statement and maybe attach a small picture what
it looks like/should look like to make it clearer? It seems I am bit
lost with the description alone and do not really see what you do now. I
would guess you just need to tweak a bit the properties of the axis
object.
Since nobody else answered until now maybe the question was not clear
enough.

Btw for your first question you may also look at the functions
output_max_field_width  and output_precision.