Re: default linewidth and linecolor for plot function

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: default linewidth and linecolor for plot function
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 22:11:26 +0100

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Fotios <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I would like to ask how can i set the default line width and line color for
> <plot> function, btw
>
> set (0, "defaultlinewidth", 2)

set (0, "defaultlinelinewidth", 2)

The format for a default property is: "default<object_type><property_name>"
In this case, object_type is "line" and property is "linewidth".

> returns <invalid line property "width"> and
>
> set (0, "defaultlinecolor", "k")
>
> affects only lines that are generated with the <line> function.

I think the default line color will be overridden by the "plot" command.
Maybe you should use the "colororder" of the axes object instead.

> I would also
> like to change
>
> default grid style to "-" (only for major)

set (0, "defaultaxesgridlinestyle", "-")

Note that I didn't test those, but that's the way it should work.

Michael.