Re: oct (and mex) files for different architectures

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: oct (and mex) files for different architectures
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 09:35:25 -0500

2011/9/12 Richard Crozier <address@hidden>:
> OK, but won't the main difference in performance be the difference
> between code compiler optimised for 64bit and 32 bit? I would actually
> like to know this.

I find it not a good idea to encode too much information in the
filename extension (that's how those mypic.jpg.exe trojans spread back
then, perhaps still do). That information as to what executable format
the file is in can be best obtained from reading the file itself, e.g.
by running file(1) on the file.

- Jordi G. H.