Re: What's the algorithm used in 'inverse matrix' of Octave?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: What's the algorithm used in 'inverse matrix' of Octave?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:23:01 -0500

On 10 August 2011 00:13, Minkyung Kersti Son <address@hidden> wrote:

> I wonder what the algorithm is used in the calculation of inverse
> matrix of Octave.

This is a FAQ. Consult these two pages from the manual:

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Techniques-Used-for-Linear-Algebra.html

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Sparse-Linear-Algebra.html

> Where can I read the source code or algorithm of a calculation of
> inverse matrix of Octave?

The algorithm for the backslash operator is spread out over several
source files and it's a little complicated to follow. If the above
doesn't answer your question, I will make an effort to follow the
source more carefully to give you a better answer.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.