What's the algorithm used in 'invers e matrix' of Octave?

From: Minkyung Kersti Son
Subject: What's the algorithm used in 'invers e matrix' of Octave?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:13:13 +0900

Hello, users~!

I wonder what the algorithm is used in the calculation of inverse matrix of Octave.

I got a inverse matrix (complex number) with octave, however I failed to get a inverse matrix with my fortran code using umfpack.
The code of umfpack yielded non-exact inverse matrix, as the dimension of matrix becomes to large.
UMFPACK employed a LU decomposition, but I don't know what the kind of LU decomposition is used.

Where can I read the source code or algorithm of a calculation of inverse matrix of Octave?

Very thanks.