Re: Support Request

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Support Request
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 13:04:44 -0400

On 08/07/2011 04:14 AM, Moshe Nissani wrote:
*Hi,**
I am working with the 8753D network analyzer and making a lot of
measurement, I wish to make or have some kind of automated program that
will help me to write commands read my measurement to a file.*

*Do your SW work with GPIB commands or with VISA(**Virtual Instrument
Software Architecture) standart?*

Octave doesn't have a direct interface to GPIB or VISA---normally, it reads its data from a disk file. The simplest way to get the data would be to use the existing programs to extract the GPIB/VISA data and write them out to disk, then read that file in Octave. You can spawn such programs using Octave's system() call.

Alternatively, you could write an Octave binary extension in C++ (an .oct or .mat file) that uses GPIB/VISA libraries to read data.