Re: editing in octave 3.2.4

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: editing in octave 3.2.4
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:13:16 -0700 (PDT)

john wrote:

> I proceed as follows I edit a file in emacs en then copie and paste it in
> the windows of octave and run.

It works indeed, but it requires user interaction. One of the first virtue
of programmers should be laziness. When you find yourself repeating over and
over the same commands, put them in a file with the .m extension. Just
typing the name of this file (without .m) in the octave window executes all
the commands in the file. Furthermore, you can transform this set of
commands in a function, accepting parameters and returning some result, with
the advantage of having local variables. Look in the manual for the topic
"Functions and scripts".

Regards

Pascal