Unable to SAVEPATH & load network drives

From: Liah Fereydoonzad [SCIREQ]
Subject: Unable to SAVEPATH & load network drives
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 09:14:29 -0400

Hi,

I used Octave 3.0.2 successfully on Windows XP.  I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and also to Octave 3.4.2.  With this new version, I am not able to access my network drives (using the cd command). I get the following error: p:/: No such file or directory (see image below)

I am able to successfully navigate in my c: drive.  I am also able to addpath but cannot savepath.

Savepath gives the following error: savepath:unable to open file for writing, ~\.octaverc, no such file or directory.

An other minor issue is that I no longer see the current directory in the command line, is this new with version 3.4.2?

All help will be greatly appreciated as I cannot use octave as it is now.

Thank you!

Ms. Liah Fereydoonzad, B.Eng.
SCIREQ Scientific Respiratory Equipment Inc.
phone : +1.514.286.1429 ext. 138
fax : +1.514.286.1627