Re: Unable to SAVEPATH & load network drives

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Unable to SAVEPATH & load network drives
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 09:31:45 -0500

On 1 June 2011 08:14, Liah Fereydoonzad [SCIREQ]
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I used Octave 3.0.2 successfully on Windows XP.  I recently upgraded
> to Windows 7 and also to Octave 3.4.2.

This version of Octave doesn't exist yet. Where did you obtain it and
how did you install it? Did you mean 3.2.4, the mingw version?

> With this new version, I am not able to access my network drives
> (using the cd command). I get the following error: p:/: No such file
> or directory (see image below)

This seems related to the following bug:

     https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33389

However, I can't think of anything specific to Octave that could cause
this, and not to the particular Octave Windows build.

Marco Atzeri has been producing newer Cygwin builds of Octave, which
people have been reporting to use with some success. Perhaps you can
try that instead?

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.