Re: Playrec

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Playrec
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:18:19 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 7. April 2011, 15:40:02 schrieb Ronan Scaife:
> Dear all,
>
> On 07/04/2011 09:27, Børge Strand-Bergesen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > anybody having success compiling and using Playrec 2.1.0?
> >
> > I'm struggling to build it with Octave 3.2.4 on Win7/64 with Microsoft
> > Visual Studio 2010 Express.
> >
> > Alternatively, do you have other suggestions for ways to user the
> > computer's soundcard for samples IO? Preferably, the code should be
> > comptatible on Octave and Matlab.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Borge
>
> A simpler toolbox (also based on PortAudio, as PlayRec is) is pa_wavplay:
>
> <http://old.nabble.com/pa_wavplay-td10426977.html>
>
> I ported this to Scilab a few years ago, but it seems from the above that
> pa_wavplay already works with Octave.
>
> Playrec is a more sophisticated package, but pa_wavplay does the
> job for me.
>
> Best Wishes,

I guess octave 3.2.4 mingw build is used here? Am I wrong? So you will have
much trouble using mex compilation for it with Visual Studio, the
binaries/dll's are not compatible.
You will need to do the compilation with the version of gcc shipped together
with the octave windows version.
Beside that comment I unfortuneatelly cannot help with playrec, I have just
seen that there are no good build instructions for a mingw build on the
playrec homepage (or I missed it).