Re: Plot Does Not Work

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Plot Does Not Work
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 09:32:04 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 3/5/11, Alan Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

From: Alan Morris <address@hidden>
Subject: Plot Does Not Work
To: address@hidden
Date: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 6:05 AM

Hi,
I recently installed Octave on my MacBook Pro, OS X Snow Leopard.  The first
time I tried to plot data I got the following result:
octave-3.2.3:6> plot(x,y)sh: gnuplot: command not founderror: popen2 (child):
unable to start process -- No such file or directoryerror: you must have
gnuplot installed to display graphics; if you have gnuplot installed in a
non-standard location, see the 'gnuplot_binary' functionoctave-3.2.3:7> error:
called from:error:
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.2.3/m/plot/__gnuplot_open_stream__.m
 at line 28, column 44error:
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.2.3/m/plot/gnuplot_drawnow.m
 at line 85, column 19
Is gnuplot installed separately?  If so, where can I find it?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,Alan address@hidden
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----