Re: User Intergface in Octave scripts

From: Miguel Bazdresch
Subject: Re: User Intergface in Octave scripts
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 08:30:36 -0600

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM, ICosinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, I'm newbie in Octave. I consider Octave the most compatible to Matlab in
> comparison with other open/free soft (Freemat, Scilab).
> How can I make user interface (dialogs, buttons, menu, tables etc.) for
> Octave scripts? Is there any analog of Matlab's "ui*" functions?

It is possible to build user interfaces using a program called
gtk-server, which interfaces your Octave script with a GTK window. I
wrote a demo script that shows how to make this work; it has lots of
comments explaining all the setup. It is available at:

https://bitbucket.org/mbaz/octave-gtk-demo/src

Don't hesitate to send me questions, comments or even improvements :)

HTH,

--
Miguel Bazdresch