Re: font size and plot size

From: Evan
Subject: Re: font size and plot size
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:35:32 +0800

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:29 AM, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> You can try to change the fontsize in Octave.
> set (findobj (gcf, "-property", "fontsize"), "fontsize", 20)
> Ben

This does not have any effect on the figures generated by
"-depslatexstandalone" of print(). With the command

print -depslatexstandalone a.tex

octave produces two files: a.tex and a-inc.eps. No text is included in
a-inc.eps. All the labels, legends, title, etc. are specified in
a.tex. These text is combined with the figure of a-inc.eps through the
latex and dvips command to generated a new figure with the text
included. So what I am seeking (requesting?) is in fact some
properties that can be set in octave and would affect the content of
the tex file produced by the print() with the "-depslatexstandalone"
option, i.e. \huge, \large, \small, \tiny, etc. should be able to
appropriately inserted into the tex file automatically by octave. Does
this already exist in octave?